All you need to know
What is SUPER HAIR REMOVAL?
Treatment with Super Hair Removal (SHR) technology that uses low-intensity light to remove unwanted hair quickly, effectively and is almost painless. It delivers heat to the hair follicles in repetitive sequences of around 20-30 shots, targeting and destroying the hair bulbs. It is very much superior to conventional light based hair removal systems.
Using the SHR technology the skin is heated gently through the melanin and the stem cells with low energy (48 degrees) but with high frequency. In that way even lighter and finer hair can be treated and removed permanently in a better way.
Research shows that a longer and slower heating process is more effective for permanent hair removal than high and short levels of energy. Therefore, when using SHR, the device is passed over the tissue many times using low energy but a high rate of repetition instead of using the traditional method with single, high-energy impulses. Therefore, the hair melanin, as well as the tissue of the stem cells, is heated with low energy at a slow pace and over a longer period of time to a comfortable temperature.
Our IPL/SHR Hair Removal Treatment Program covers area like –
- Facial hairs; upper lips, cheeks and chin
- Hair on whole arm and underarm
- Chest, back
- Brazilian area
- Thighs, lower legs, feet
- Helps remove unwanted hair, leaving your skin silky smooth after each treatment.
- Reduces hair count and thickness by using intense pulsed light, shooting a more intense shot onto each hair follicle.
- Shorter treatment time for larger areas compared with other hair removal methods.
- Fast, efficient and non-invasive treatment with no known side effects.
- Unlike shaving, waxing, it does not leave any unsightly bumps, rash or ingrown hair.
- No down time and client can return to work immediately after our IPL/SHR hair removal treatment.
Our program involves monthly visits in which you will see almost immediate results even after the 1st treatment and fantastic results at the end of the program. For best results, an interval of 3 weeks between each session is needed for a course of at least 6 sessions.
- Shave and moisturise area to be treated at least 2 days before your appointment with us.
- Avoid using any sun protector, antiperspirant, cosmetics and other irritants on the area to be treated when you come for your appointment.
- Avoid any kind of vaccination 14 days before the treatment to avoid any after treatment complications.
- Avoid any alcohol intake 12 hours before treatment.
STEP 1 - Finding out your needs
Your first consultation will take about 30mins. It is to understand more about you and your skin conditions before we proceed to the treatment room. Subsequent consultations will take about 10mins.
* Should the area to be treated not properly shaved and requires further shaving despite that it was shaved 2 days ago, we will charged a nominal fee for our shaving service. Please shave before your appointment with us.
STEP 2 - Determining the right set up for you
Setting up the IPL machine with the right settings based on the each customer’s hair and skin conditions to deliver best results.
STEP 3 – Application of specially formulated gel
The treated area will be cleansed. A thin layer of IPL Cooling Gel will be applied to the area receiving the IPL treatment. Protective eyewear will be provided and to be worn throughout the treatment.
STEP 4 - Treatment with light exposure
The lens (small glass panel) of the IPL machine treatment handle placed in contact with the skin, delivers very precise pulses of light to the area being treated. Each IPL treatment session usually take about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the surface area being treated.
STEP 5 – Aftercare with moisturisers
An aftercare moisturizing treatment spray will be applied to the treated area.
After Treatment Care
- Apply ample amount of moisturizers and sun protector.
- Wash/Shower gently on the treated area.
- A warm shower is recommended.
- Drink plenty of water to provide hydration to the skin.
- Stretching or strenuous exercise.
- Hot shower or sauna and swimming in public pool.
- Consumption of alcoholic drinks within the next 12 hours after any IPL treatment.
- Sun tanning or prolong exposure to the sun for more than 10mins in the next 10 days.
- Exfoliating treatments and hair removal waxing on the skin.
- Using any scented products including deodorant spray, anti-perspirant and make up.
- Wearing tight clothing.
- Scratching or rubbing of the treated area.
*The estimated time for completion of the treatment is only approximate. It varies depending on the customer's hair type and volume.
*If an appointment is cancelled on your end, we may have to arrange your next visit to the salon at least 2-3 weeks later and treatment slot is subjected to availability.
*One year is the approximate expected time for completion of the hair removal course. It may take over 1 year depending on your hair type and volume.