IPL Photo Facial Treatment
What is IPL Photo Facial Treatment?
Photo facial (or IPL Facial) also known as Photo Rejuvenation is an advancement on regular facial. It is a skin treatment procedure. Photo facial Its benefits focuses on reducing
- age spots,
- red blemishes or broken capillaries.
- erasing mild sun damage,
- irregular pigmentation and light brown spots
Photo facial over a period of time reduces these effects of UV damage on your skin. With this technique, damaged skin is treated safely as there is no disruption of the epidermal surface of the skin. It is the best way to get rid of sun damage and skin deterioration brought upon by aging and it allows you a quick recovery without the risk of complications.
How Does It Work?
IPL treats the skin with quick and powerful flashes of light. The light energy then penetrates below the skin's surface where the unwanted brown pigment (melanin) lives. The heat breaks down this pigment into tiny particles, which either rise to the skin's surface as scabs or get carried away by the body's lymphatic system.
Since the handheld device employs light to influence the skin on a molecular level, there is no need for any incisions or injections. You can think of it as a blinking flashlight, sending out scattered wavelengths of light, making an IPL very targeted for specific problem areas or skin concerns.
You can think of it as a blinking flashlight, sending out scattered wavelengths of light, making an IPL very targeted for specific problem areas or skin concerns.
Besides going after the brown pigment, IPL can also have a subtle effect on fine wrinkles, large pores, rosacea and dilated capillaries.
What Does The IPL Treatment Look and Feel Like?
Is There Any Downtime?
There's no downtime simply because IPL uses multiple wavelengths of light, it is not technically a laser —so it works without causing any deep resurfacing, just some minor redness. Some people see sufficient results after the first session but for optimum results, it's recommended to have three to five sessions, one month apart, with maintenance visits twice a year.
Makeup can be used starting right after the treatment, as long as it is applied and removed very gently. For freckles and age spots, it is normal for the spots to look darker for 3-7 days.
Our IPL Photo Facial Treatment Program covers area like –
- Back of body
- Acne affected skin surface
- Helps remove unwanted hair, leaving your skin silky smooth after each treatment.
- Reduces hair count and thickness by using intense pulsed light, shooting a more intense shot onto each hair follicle.
- Shorter treatment time for larger areas compared with other hair removal methods.
- Fast, efficient and non-invasive treatment with no known side effects.
- Unlike shaving, waxing, it does not leave any unsightly bumps, rash or ingrown hair.
- No down time and client can return to work immediately after our IPL/SHR hair removal treatment.
Our program involves monthly visits in which you will see almost immediate results even after the 1st treatment and fantastic results at the end of the program. For best results, an interval of 2 weeks between each session is needed for a course of at least 6 sessions.
- Shave and moisturise area to be treated at least 2 days before your appointment with us.
- Avoid using any sun protector, antiperspirant, cosmetics and other irritants on the area to be treated when you come for your appointment.
- Avoid any kind of vaccination 14 days before the treatment to avoid any after treatment complications.
- Avoid any alcohol intake 12 hours before treatment.
STEP 1 - Finding out your needs - Your first consultation will take about 30mins. It is to understand more about you and your skin conditions before we proceed to the treatment room. Subsequent consultations will take about 10mins.
STEP 2 - Determining the right set up for you - Setting up the IPL machine with the right settings based on each customer’s skin conditions to deliver best results.
STEP 3 – Cleansing - The treated area will be cleansed. Protective eyewear will be provided and to be worn throughout the treatment.
STEP 4 - Treatment with light exposure - The lens (small glass panel) of the IPL machine treatment handle placed in contact with the skin, delivers very precise pulses of light to the area being treated. Each IPL treatment session usually take about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the surface area being treated.
STEP 5 – Aftercare with moisturizers - An aftercare moisturizing treatment spray will be applied to the treated area.
After Treatment Care
- Apply ample amount of moisturizers and sun protector.
- Wash/Shower gently on the treated area.
- A warm shower is recommended.
- Drink plenty of water to provide hydration to the skin.
- Stretching or strenuous exercise.
- Hot shower or sauna and swimming in public pool.
- Consumption of alcoholic drinks within the next 12 hours after any IPL treatment.
- Sun tanning or prolong exposure to the sun for more than 10mins in the next 10 days.
- Exfoliating treatments and hair removal waxing on the skin.
- Using any scented products including deodorant spray, anti-perspirant and make up.
- Wearing tight clothing.
- Scratching or rubbing of the treated area.
*The estimated time for completion of the treatment is only approximate. It varies depending on the customer's face condition.
*If an appointment is cancelled on your end, we may have to arrange your next visit to the salon at least 2-3 weeks later and treatment slot is subjected to availability.